Pre-purchase Building Inspections
Considering Buying A House?
A pre-purchase building inspection takes the fear out of buying a home and can eliminate any unpleasant surprises.
We recommend you learn as much as you possibly can, including general maintenance issues and also matters that may need repairing. Before you buy a home, it's a good idea to make sure everything is as it should be.
There's no better feeling than knowing the home you've just bought is structurally safe and sound and that you're not going to run into any issues or problems with it now, or in the near future.
All our pre-purchase building inspections are conducted by a fully insured and licensed builder who is in the business of building inspections with a wealth of knowledge available to help make the whole process very smooth and to give you confidence in the property you are about to purchase.
Consider including a meth test along with your inspection. Contamination issues associated with clandestine meth labs can make children and adults very ill, it is also a costly exercise to decontaminate.
A matter that is often forgotten is a pool fence compliance check. Don't get caught out when the property is handed over. Discover more about pool compliance checks here.
Pest inspections are often overlooked as part of pre-purchase inspections, but to do that is to risk everything. Having to demolish your dream home after purchasing it is every homeowners worst nightmare. Make sure you book a pest inspection as part of your pre-purchase house inspection.
Our standard pre-purchase building inspection check list includes;
Property information Site
- driveway condition
- surface drainage
- entry porch
- swimming pool fence compliance
- attic and roof timbers
- gutters and down-pipes
- fascia and barge boards
- garage - carport
- pergola - veranda
Conclusion and Summary
Interior of the Building
- Windows and Window Frames
- Doors and Door Frames
- Bathrooms, En-suites, Kitchen, Laundry, WC
- Balustrades and Handrails
- Baths Shower recess
- Bench tops
- Plumbing Fixtures and Fittings
- Hot Water Units
- Rising Damp
- Moisture from wet areas (behind the wall)
- Roof space framing structures
Exterior of the Building
- Roof coverings
- Vents and Flues
- Fascias and Barges
- Downlight safety
- subfloor supports
- Exterior walls including Cladding
- With in 30m of the house and within the boundaries of the site
- Retaining walls
- Paths Driveways and water drainage
- Detached laundry
WHY CHOOSE HOUSE INSPECT AUSTRALIA?
- All staff are licensed builders. Meaning we know the industry so you don't have to!
- We provide 'real talk' about the property that is clear and easy to action
- Digital report (with photos) fully complies with Australian standards 4349 and 3660.
- Opportunity for you to attend the inspection in person
- Book a House & Pest Inspection? We will send two qualified professionals!
- Over 100 years’ combined experience in construction
- Ongoing support for any future questions & dispute resolution
- Required insurances and coverage in place for each inspection
- Our consistent 5 star reviews on Google!
"Mike and the team have done a great job for us.
Given us full consideration of where we should be negotiating/accepting risk with the purchase of an older home.
Couldn't recommend more highly"
Steve, Google Review
"Great service, great feedback, saved me 5k on the purchase price of my first investment property.
Appreciate Litsa and Barney's professionalism and great service!
Highly recommend for anyone looking to do building inspections"
Belal, Google Review
"We needed a very last minute inspections and the guys were so lovely, helpful and speedy.
Would check up on us and any of our concerns with such care and politeness.
Such a helpful and comforting experience when buying a first home! "
Bec, Google Review
"Barney from House Inspect Australia inspected my new home.
Barney was polite, knowledgeable and professional, his report was accurate and detailed and his advice was sound.
He was willing to answer questions and add to the report after payment, when I needed further information about some of the items on his list. I would definitely use Barney again, and I recommend his company to anyone wanting a home inspection."
Carmel, Google Review